As some of you know, and I have blogged about this before, I use the Genealogy Software Program Evidentia. See the link on the right side of the page.
I use it when I have conflicting information in my research or a genealogy question that is difficult to answer. I causes me to look at my Source Information from a different point of view.
Well, I have one of those questions and I thought I would use Evidentia to help me with this question. I thought that I would walk through this problem and how I help resolve this problem with this program.
I have three people in my existing file, a male and two females. I while ago, I made a To Do entry:
I had started with one person, but that person, looking at the records, had two names. On 10 July 2016, I recognized that there was a problem. It bothered me so much, that I made two person records in my genealogy software program, where I too the record with the name Lucy H, and the second one Emma _____ (meaning, unknown birth surname.
As I was reviewed each entry there was something, in my evaluation of the new information that something wasn’t right, but didn’t know what. Most of the information “looked right”, but on the 10th I split my information.
I have a “husband” with one or two wives, or there is another relationship (husband) that I haven’t identified.
Between the 3, I have 15 to 20 records that I have looked at, and a few records that aren’t available to me (on line) or I just haven’t found the right record for the answer.
I will be doing a series of blog posts on how I use Evidentia to help resolve this problem.