The Weekly Challenge from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings
Here is his message:
It’s Saturday Night again – are you ready for some Genealogy Fun? I thought so.
Here is your assignment if you decide to accept it (cue the Mission Impossible music):
1) Answer these questions:
* What is your UGG – your “Ultimate Genealogy Goal” for the genealogy research that you wish to leave to your heirs, descendants and the genealogy community?
- My UGG is to determine the Parents of Capt. John Worthington (1650 – 1701)
- To clear up the many versions of who his parents really are
* How long do you think you have have left to fulfill this ultimate goal?
- It is hoped that a family gathering in October 2009 will start to break down this brick wall
- Worthington researchers are meeting this fall to visit Worthington properties in the Maryland, Virginia, and West Virginia area
- Researchers from England and the US will be present
* Are you prioritizing your time adequately in order to achieve this goal?
- If you call “Patiently waiting” adequate time, yes.
* If not, what should you do to achieve the goal?
- The next step would be DNA testing
- The Worthington Association has a DNA project underway now, so I am told
* Will you do what you need to do?
- Oh, Yeah !!! as long as I can afford it
2) Tell us about it in a blog post on your own blog, or in comments to this post or on Facebook.
Thank you Randy