Blogger Randy Seaver at http://www.geneamusings.com/ has challenged us again on his “It’s Saturday Night, so it’s time for some genealogy fun”.
The challenge is this:
Provide a list of your paternal grandmother’s patrilineal line. Answer these questions:
* What was your father’s mother’s maiden name? – Cheyney
* What was your father’s mother’s father’s name? – Wilmer (1848 – 1937)
* What is your father’s mother’s father’s patrilineal line? That is, his father’s father’s father’s … back to the most distant male ancestor in that line?
Joseph R. Cheyney (1808 – 1878)
Curtis Cheyney (1778 – <unknown>)
* Can you identify male sibling(s) of your father’s mother, and any living male descendants from those male sibling(s)?
From my research, to date, Wilmer Cheyney had three male siblings.
- Jesse Sharpless Cheyney
- Edwin Cheyney 1841 – 1955
- Kersey Cheyney 1844 – 1856
It is obvious from this challenge that I have some work to do.
Thank you, Randy !!